Thursday, November 24, 2011

The Holidays are COMING!

Can you believe that it is already the END of November????  I certainly can't!  Where has the year gone?  I guess that life was just a wee bit busier than I thought this year!

Well there is no running from it so lets face the holidays and get things started!

I LOVE this time of year.  I am one of those people whom most of you hate - you know.....the one who would be happy to leave the Christmas tree, lights and decor up year round, have nothing on the TV but holiday movies and feels that Christmas music should be played year round.  And as for other holidays?? WHAT other other holidays??? Yup...one of THOSE people! (please forgive me)

Due to the incredible weather we have been having - my family and I were able to get the outside lights up.

It was a much nicer experience than in previous years - nobody complained of being cold or ran inside trying to hide from being dragged back out! 

The lights turned out quite nice and we enjoyed a walk around the block to see what the neighbors had done. 

Made for a truly fun start to the holiday season!

Now most of you may be thinking ahead to your own holiday decor.  Between the trees, lights, tinsel, (don't forget the mistletoe), garland on the fireplace or down the banister - you might be starting to get a bit overwhelmed with all the decor there is to do.

Festive Hostess Gifts in Foyer
I like to suggest that you tackle a little at a time.  For example maybe this weekend you focus on your entrance way.  The banister, some poinsettias - simple yet elegant decor that won't take up too much time.  Next week maybe the fireplace mantle and the list goes on.

I like to do a little at a time for two reasons - one I don't have a lot of time to dedicate to doing the decor all at once but more importantly my kids love to come downstairs in the morning and be surprised by what new decor has been done.

Front Foyer
This was a tradition my own Grandmother and Mother held and I love to be able to continue it in my own way.

The one area of decor that I put a lot of work into is my dining room.  We usually host a large dinner on both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day and I like to make my guests know how special they are to me.

I spend quite a bit of time choosing just the right linens, some  chair covers and of course the centrepieces are important. 

I love candlelight and like to flood the room with the soft glow of candles everywhere! 

Gold Charger Plate with Satin Napkin
This year because of my own love of using specialty linens in my own home - especially for the holidays - In-Style Weddings is pleased to be able to offer you these same luxury and  festive linens.  We have rich colours, textures and styles - sure to fit any decor or holiday theme.

From charger plates, napkins, tablecloths to chair covers - we literally have got your dining room covered! 

I have always found that by renting linens for my own holiday events I have more options to choose from and the cost is usually less expensive than buying.  The best part? I don't have to CLEAN anything!  I simply bag up the linens and return them - and now you can do the same!

For more information on renting specialty linens for your holiday party or dinner - please contact us at: 905-448-8737 or email: info@instyleweddings.ca

Holiday decor should be fun and with a little planning it can be.  BUT if you are simply one of these people who simply do not have the time - call us  - I would be happy to decorate your tree for you!


On behalf of the entire In-Style Weddings & Events team - we wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and a truly festive and memorable New Years!



1 comment:

  1. yes, now coming a holiday for Christmas and new year. here the Christmas decoration is going well. the planner is decor a superb, the wedding planner is also decor in superb for reception and indoor and outdoor decorations. you need a good place to celebrate a decoration function visit wedding app links.

    ReplyDelete