Tuesday, March 9, 2010

You're Invited!


As you can see - a lot is going on here at In-Style Weddings & Events.  We are officially moving into our new space at Oshawa French Cultural Centre "Club L'Amicale" this coming week.

We are preparing to paint, install new fixtures, move into and set up the new space - plus get ready for the open house all within a week! (Wish me luck...I think I'm going to need it!)

We are very excited.  With the help of our wonderful friends, family and of course the support of our clients our little company has finally grown up and is now ready to move out!

This has been a dream 8 years in the making and of course we could not have gotten this far without the support we have received from everyone so on that note...everyone WE THANK YOU!

Come and join us - it will be really fun afternoon - kindly RSVP your attendance to info@instyleweddings.ca

We recently collaborated with Life in Clarington Magazine on their spring edition which was distrubuted in the local Clarington This Week news paper - on a "Wedding Planning 101" article.  We had a lot of fun working with  Susan Oliver Benedet who is the editor of this fun and informative magazine. 

It was great to be able to get back to basics and write about wedding planning.  We certainly haven't done that in awhile and it was great to "get back at it" so to speak.

The feedback from this issue has been tremendous.  Check out this note that Susan received - which just happened to be from one of my former clients:

From Kate in Bowmanville


“My husband and I moved to Bowmanville in November 2008 and we LOVE it here!!! We are both from other towns and are so glad we moved here.


I love your magazine and i loved reading the article by Tamara Kaye on Wedding Planning, we were recently married on Oct 24th 2009 and used Tamara for our decorating....she is wonderful! We also used the Holiday Inn Express in Whitby for us and our guests on our wedding night! The Holiday Inn Express has beautiful hotels and I am looking forward to one coming to Bowmanvile!!!!


Kate Mitchell- a happy Bowmanville resident.”


Both Susan and I have received many comments about both the magazine and the article.  This is truly wonderful and I urge you to check out www.lifeinclarington.com just as soon as you can so you can read the articles online as well.

I would like to introduce you to a fabulous new vendor:  Kismet Candles.  I met Cindy Meghue - the owner of this great company late last month.  We were getting together to discuss her line of flameless candles.  As a decorator we are always trying to find new inexpensive ways to light an event without using candles as more and more venues as banning the use of candles altogether.

Cindy showed me some very interesting products.  Check out her website http://www.kismet-candles.com you might just find that perfect centerpiece, gift or fun led novelty that you have been lookingfor!  We actually ordered a dozen new LED spotlights to use underneath tables  - to replace the halogen spots we have been using - WHAT A DIFFERENCE!  LED gives off zero heat - is easy to set up - and gives of a fabulous lighting effect! 


Looking for a florist? Or better yet a Floral Designer?  Check out www.laurelmunro.com  Laurel is truly a talented florist and her creations have to be some of the most well designed and unique that I have seen in a long time.

She has brought many of my clients floral decor visions come to life.  Her customer service has also been outstanding.  I really get excited when I know that we are going to be working with Laurel as her flowers tend to better complete the work that we do as decorators.

Well that is about all the news for now.  Check back for all the comings and going.  So much going on I can scarce remember what day it is - but I do know this.  I love what I do.  I love the people I work with and I am looking forward to this years wedding season like never before.

Its going to be an interesting year and I can't wait!


Tamara

No comments:

Post a Comment